ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
COLLECTION PROCEDURES AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY
- It is important that parents arrive promptly at 3.30pm to collect their children unless they have arranged for them to attend an after-school club.
- If parents are delayed, for whatever reason they are expected to contact school.
- If a child is not collected within 15 minutes and we have not heard from the parents, we will try contacting them, we will then try the emergency contact numbers.
- If children are collected late or are regularly collected late we may have to contact Social Services.
- Staff are asked to make a note if children are regularly collected late – we can then contact the parents to remind them to collect promptly
Handing over of children
- Reception handed over from the Pre-school gate
- Y1 handed over from the classroom door
- Y2 handed over from the classroom door
- Y3 handed over from the classroom door
- Y4 handed over from the school hall
- Y5 handed over from the school hall (unless authorisation has been received permitting children to walk home. Please note if a Y5 child has been given permission as a walker, parents are responsible for their child once they have left the school premises).
- Y6 handed over from the school hall (unless authorisation has been received permitting children to walk home. Please note if a Y6 child has been given permission as a walker, parents are responsible for their child once they have left the school premises).
Please note if staff notice a child from either Y5 or Y6 has been waiting a long time to be collected outside the school gate, or it is raining etc, they will be asked to come back in to school and wait for whoever is collecting in the Learning Hub. For safety purposes, parents are asked to collect all children from after-school activities. Staff will not dismiss Y5 and Y6 as walkers from after-school activities.
Who can collect the children?
- If a child is going home with another family member/friend or another parent, who is not on the collection list, parents are asked to either send a letter in to school and hand to teacher or contact the school via phone, email or text to advise who is collecting their child.
- No child can be handed over unless the school has been informed.
- If a parent is late children cannot be handed over to friends who live nearby etc.
- If we have not been informed members of staff are asked to bring the child to the School office and a call is then made to parents for authorisation.
Collection Arrangements Form - to be handed to the class teacher on the first day of the academic year or if any changes are necessary.