What is Parent Pay?
ParentPay is a secure website that enables parents to pay for school meals, trips and events without the need for cash or cheques.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can ParentPay do?
- enables you to pay for school dinners, trips and events.
- gives you on line access to a history of all the payments you have made
- allow the merging of accounts if you have more than one child at school
- show you all items available for payment relevant to each of your children
- gives you on line access to trip information
- email a receipt of your payment to the email address you register
How does this help me?
- gives you the freedom to make payments to school whenever and wherever you like over the internet
- stops you having to write cheques or search for cash to send to school
- gives you peace of mind that your payment has been made safely and securely
- allows you to give consent along with the contribution for trips and events
- if you can’t find the trip letter, you can always find information on your account
- helps prevent the build-up of outstanding meal debts etc
How does this help our pupils?
- reduces the need for pupils to carry cash to school
- prevents “lost” consent forms and/or money
- ensures pupils get their place allocated
How does this help our school?
- reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures and paper ‘waste’
- helps school to meet the Schools Financial Value Standards regulations
- reduces the cash held on school premises
- allows for refunds to be made back to the payment card
- improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- helps prevent financial losses due to outstanding school debts enabling the school budget to be spent where it is most needed.
How do I get started?
All parents / carers are sent an activation letter to enable you to set up an account. The activation letter will contain a personal activation username and password to enable you to login. During the activation process you will be guided through changing your username and password to something more memorable; you can also merge your accounts if you have more than one child at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School or other schools using ParentPay.
Once set up it is important that you check your account regularly and ensure that the account is kept in credit.
End of School Year
At the end of the school year, can you please ensure that your Parentpay account is kept in credit most importantly in the last two weeks. Unfortunately we will be unable to supply snacks or meals if the account is in deficit, so please ensure your child has a packed lunch if you are unable to clear any deficit immediately.
Year 6 children leaving us this will have any credit balance over £5 refunded back to the card paid on or transferred to a sibling still in school at the end of August.
Preschool children transferring to YR in September will have a new Parentpay account in September and any credit/debit balances transferred over to it at the end of August. Those leaving us will have any credit balance over £5 refunded to the card it was paid on.
Many thanks for your assistance.