In school we pray in lots of different ways:
- There are regular prayer services in classrooms, led by both staff and pupils.
- All classrooms have prayer areas that include liturgical images, artefacts and prayers.
- Children's own prayers are offered at Mass.
- Time and opportunities are given for personal prayer time (especially during Advent and Lent).
- All assemblies and gatherings in school have a religious and prayer focus for the whole community.
We also work hard to include families in the prayer life of our school. We do this by:
- Encouraging parents and families to attend Masses, assemblies and collective worship.
- Sending prayer bags home containing liturgical materials for families to share prayer time together.
- Prayer books have been sent home to every family so that families can learn and use common prayers at home.
Prayers of the day
Father in heaven, you love me. You're with me night and day. I want to love you always, in all I do and say. I'll try to please you Father, bless me through the day. Amen.
Oh God, our loving Father, we come to you today. Be with us , hear us, guide us, in all we do and say. You give us times and seasons, your Spirit makes us grow. In times of joy and sadness, we see your blessings flow. I place my life before you, in all my work and play. I'll try to grow with Jesus and in His friendship stay. Amen
Grace before meals
Bless us O God as we sit together, Bless the food we eat today, Bless the hands that make the food, Bless us O God. Amen.
Grace after meals
Thank you God for the food we have eaten, Thank you God for all our friends, Thank you God for everything, Thank you God. Amen.
God our Father, I come to say, thank you for your love today. Thank you for my family, and all the friends you give to me. Guard me in the dark of night and in the morning send your light. Amen.