TRIP INFORMATION AND Letters to Parents
Rainbows - guiding children and young people through life's storms (parent leaflet)
Should you require a copy of an historic letter please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Letters to Parents - General
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL
COLLECTION PROCEDURES AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL DAY
- Children will only be released to person/s listed on the collection from school arrangement sheet (see above) that needs to be completed at the start of each academic year and given to the class teacher. A new form (above) should be completed if there are any changes during the year.
- It is important that parents arrive promptly at 3.30pm to collect their children unless they have arranged for them to attend an after-school club.
- If parents are delayed, for whatever reason they are expected to contact school.
- If a child is not collected within 15 minutes and we have not heard from the parents, we will try contacting them, we will then try the emergency contact numbers.
- If children are collected late or are regularly collected late we may have to contact Social Services.
- Staff are asked to make a note if children are regularly collected late – we can then contact the parents to remind them to collect promptly
Handing over of children
- Reception children are handed over from the Reception classroom door
- Y1 children are handed over from the Y1 classroom door
- Y2 children are handed over from the Y2 classroom door
- Y3 children are handed over from the Y3 classroom door
- Y4 children are handed over from main school entrance
- Y5 children are handed over from the school hall (unless authorisation has been received permitting children to walk home. Please note if a Y5 child has been given permission as a walker, parents are responsible for their child once they have left the school premises).
- Y6 children are handed over from the school hall (unless authorisation has been received permitting children to walk home. Please note if a Y6 child has been given permission as a walker, parents are responsible for their child once they have left the school premises).
Please note if staff notice a 'walker' child from either Y5 or Y6 has been waiting a long time to be collected outside the school gate, or it is raining etc, they will be asked to come back in to school and wait for whoever is collecting in the Learning Hub.
Who can collect the children?
- If a child is going home with another family member/friend or another parent, who is not on the collection list, parents are asked to either send a letter in to school and hand to teacher or contact the school via email to advise who is collecting their child.
- No child can be handed over to someone who is not on the collection list unless the school has been informed.
- If a parent is late children cannot be handed over to friends who live nearby etc.
- If school has not received permission to release a child to someone who is not on the collection list, staff will bring the child to the school office and a call will be made to parents.
We ask that children are collected by persons over the age of 16 please.
my child is absent?
If your child will be absent from school due to sickness or emergency, please contact the school office before 9 am on the day of absence or complete the Absence Form below.
I want to request a leave of absence for my child?
Please see our Attendance and Punctuality Policy for guidance when requesting a leave of absence from school for your child/ren.