CRITICAL KEY WORKERS
St Joseph’s is now closed to children except where prior arrangements have been made for those of Critical Key Workers and children with certain needs. We fully understand and support the need for Critical Key Workers with no other option but to send their children in to be looked after.
We have made arrangements based on contact to date from parents. Please do not send your child into school without prior notice as we will not be able to accommodate them as staffing ratios will have been planned.
Staffordshire County Council guidance follows national guidance
- If children can stay safely at home, then parents are asked to keep their children at home
- All children and parents in households with COVID-19 symptoms must stay at home (and follow government guidance on self-isolation, household isolation and social distancing)
Please see the attached flow chart for further guidance on your decision and need to send children into school.
Critical Parents will need to complete an application by Wednesday 1st April for requirement the week commencing 20th April 2020.
From Monday 20th April any children attending will have the option of pre ordering a school packed lunch via ParentPay or bringing one from home.
If you have reviewed your situation and now no longer require childcare, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also note, teachers are not providing curriculum education. We are operating as a child care provider only.
Parents requiring wraparound care from Thursday 26th March 2020 will need to take/collect their child to St Michaels CofE Primary School.
If you require childcare during the Easter holidays (provision will be from Humpties Day Care premises), please click here for more information on Badgers wraparound care.
School is now closed to most children and following the instructions from the Department of Education we are opening on minimal staff to accommodate children of those Critical Key Workers who have no alternative option but to send their child to school during this very worrying time.
It is extremeley important that parents follow the advice given by government to help restrict the spread of the Coronavirus.
if you or your child feels ill and you cannot manage the symptoms and want to know what to do next, please use NHS 111 online.
Thank you again for your continued support, and we will be in touch with more information when we can. Please be assured, we continue to pray for all families in our school community.
* NEW * Advice and information for parents and young people
- UK government response
- Guidance for schools and educational settings
- Stay at home advice
- Detailed stay at home guidance
- New travel guidance for the education sector
- Updated statement from Ofqual on exams and assessments
- Travel advice for British people travelling overseas
- Sign up for free government alerts about coronavirus
Department for Education helpline for staff AND parents
- Phone: 0800 046 8687 8am to 6pm (Monday to Friday)
- Email: DfE.email@example.com
- County council’s coronavirus update
- Sign up for free Staffordshire County Council alerts about coronavirus
- Current list of Staffordshire school closures
- Sign up for free Staffordshire County Council school closure alerts.
- Updates for early years settings
Staffordshire’s Customer Services Contact Centre for coronavirus enquiries
- Phone: 0300 111 8050 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
support services for parents & children